Essential Bodyworks is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you whether by telephone, email or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. You may withdraw this consent by emailing us to that effect.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Credit/Debit card details
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law, but be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and/or User Information, we may feel obliged to do so. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, however we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Business name (Essential Bodyworks) & any other trading names].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies means small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- Lawful basis: Consent; you have consented to read our information by choosing to click on our website. You have consented to receive information that is relevant to our products and or services by subscribing to our newsletter or opting in. You can unsubscribe or opt out any time by clicking the relevant link on the information that we emailed to you. Your submitted contact information will remain logged until you decide to opt out or unsubscribe. Alternatively you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- We process your information in the following ways:
- Information we may collect from you.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.essentialbodyworks.co.uk (our “site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- if you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although for the avoidance of doubt you do not have to respond to such surveys), the information which you provide in response to that survey;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- IP Address and Cookies
- Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason as detailed on we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
Speed up your searches; and recognise you when you return to our site.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. / We do share only your personal information that is legal & necessary with third parties and they include;
- Information you give us.
- You may give us information about you by filling in subscription forms or forms on a payment site, e.g. www.worldpay.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, web chat or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have given them the information set out in this notice and that they have given permission for us to use their information as set out in this notice.
- if you choose to participate in any training courses or the purchase of gift vouchers, either as an individual or as a business, your email address may be used to send you an invoice via PayPal(paypal.com) or pay by card over the phone using card services provided by Elavon and may be used to accept payments from you or to issue refunds where needed. We may in the future use other payment gateways and merchants; the identity of which will be shown in the shopping cart area of our site. This information is kept to allow us to meet our contractual obligations to you. If we choose to use any other payment gateway or merchant then this will be clearly identified in the shopping/payment area
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Your Individual Rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in detail here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. Our website currently does not but may in the future contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are typically served through our advertising partners; Google Adsense, eBay Partner Network, Amazon Affiliates, or are self served through our own means. We only use trusted advertising partners who each have high standards of user privacy and security. However we do not control the actual adverts seen / displayed by our advertising partners.
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL or as a titled text link.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We do choose to use advertising partners in these ways it will be to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time.
Where applicable, you may have certain rights under the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998, including the right to see the personal information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure it is accurate and up to date.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Essential Bodyworks, 107 Hassell Street, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, England, ST5 1AX or by clicking the unsubscribe link on any marketing communications we send to you by email. Similarly you can request any amendments or rectifications to your data by contacting us at this address and can use this address to notify us if you would like us to delete or erase your data or, in certain circumstances, if you would like us to restrict the way in which we process your data. Please note that, in certain circumstances, we may not be able to delete or erase your personal data such as where this is still required for the purpose for which it was provided or where we have overriding legitimate interests in retaining your data.
Where you have given us your consent to the specific processing of your personal data please note you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Should you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us at the address above or email email@example.com