FLAXSEED TEA/LINSEED TEA
- Two heaped tablespoons of organic flaxseeds.
- One litre of clean water. You may use more water to end up with a thinner tea.
- A large pan.
- Put the seeds and water in the pan, bring it to a slight simmer. Do not allow to overflow onto your cooker – very messy!
- As soon as it has come to a simmer turn it off straight away and leave it to stand overnight.
- Next morning bring the tea to a slight simmer again, put the pan on the smallest ring or element and turn the heat down to the lowest setting.
- Leave the tea to cook for about an hour by which time you will have perfect flax tea. Strain off the seeds and discard them.
- Put some into a mug and enjoy “Hug in a Mug”.
- The tea can be allowed to cool and put in a glass jug in the fridge. You can take out a mugful at a time and reheat it in a pan whenever you want some more.
- It will last for a couple of days as long as you keep it in the fridge.
- To use in an enema; about half a pint of tea in one and a half pints of warm water. Hold for between 15 – 20 mins. The purpose of a linseed tea enema is to offer reassurance and a strong message of hydration & soothing via the bowel itself, which will pass that message on to the liver.
The colon (large intestine) sends messages to the rest of the body telling it if enough water is coming in. If the body gets the message that there isn’t enough water coming in then it will go on Dehydration Alert, where it puts various measures into action to try and conserve water. One of these measures is to produce cholesterol to coat the cell walls as a means of retaining water in the cell. Unfortunately, the cholesterol has the effect of hardening the cell walls which obstructs the body’s natural cycle of day/night cleansing. Consequently the cell becomes more acidic and toxins build up. Toxic cell, toxic person!
Flax tea re-introduces the body to oil and water which is basically what every cell of your body is made of! You are thickened water and so is flax tea! It gives a reassuring message of hydration to the colon. By reassuring the colon, flax tea is one of the ways we can encourage the body to come off dehydration alert. It will stop producing cholesterol so water can flow freely in and out of cells allowing nutrients to get in and toxins to get out.